Baked camembert is an easy way to make your own fondue. You can use a cheese baker – or find another small ovenproof bowl.
It is the season of mont d’or AOP – but you can also bake other cheeses. Maybe you have already done it this year? A camembert is (also) perfect to enjoy melted. Below is my recipe – you can of course also make your own experiments.
BAKED CAMEMBERT WITH NUTS AND CRANEBERRIES
- 1 camembert (250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 50 g / 1.8 oz of mixed nuts and dry fruits (such as walnuts, hazelnuts, pistacho nuts and craneberries), roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fig jam
- fresh thyme, the leafs from
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F
- Unwrap the camembert. Scratch the surface with a knife and place the cheese in your cheese baker / oven proof bowl.
- Mix nuts and berries with the jam in another bowl. Put on top of the cheese and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Serve with bread, steamed broccoli, carrot sticks etc.