I’m sure you know them. The mornings where you wake up juuuust five minutes too late and no matter how fast you run throughout the day, you never seem to catch up.
Hopefully, you also know the other type of mornings. The ones with time. Time to really wake up. Time to enjoy the walk with the dog. Time for cafe latte. And time for a different breakfast – like this omelette with kale and parmesan.
This omelette has fried Tuscan kale and shavings of umami rich parmigiano reggiano on the top. Let the day begin!!
Omelette with Tuscan kale and parmigiano (1 person)
- 1 handful of Tuscan kale (or another type of kale)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- parmigiano reggiano (or other matured cheese)
- Heat oil on the pan and fry the kale at high temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- Pour the eggs over the kale and reduce the heat. Fry the omelette for around two minutes and turn it around. Fry the other side for another two minutes.
- Place the omelette on a plate and top with flakes of parmesan. You may use a carrot peeler to make the thin flakes.